Asked about having sought stimulus funding, Paul Ryan out-and-out lies.
In an interview with a Boston radio station, Paul Ryan was asked about stimulus funding and Ryan just lied about it.
“I assume you voted against the stimulus and I’m just curious if you accepted any money in your district,” a caller wondered.
“No, I’m not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money,” Ryan said. “I did not request any stimulus money.”
This is just so not true.
…Ryan asked Energy Secretary Steven Chu to set aside funds for the Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp. Ryan said the stimulus cash would help his state create thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Here are the letters Ryan sent to Chu seeking stimulus funding (pdf).
Look, I know that these letters are embarrassing — mostly because they prove you’ve been lying to the American people. But here’s a bit of free advice — lying to get out of trouble from lying isn’t solving your problem, it’s making it worse.
Still, how good a fit is Ryan for the Romney ticket? A couple of worldclass GOP liars, working together to hoodwink the nation. Honest Abe Lincoln, father of the Republican Party, would be so proud.
Posted on Thursday, 16 August
Reblogged from: quickhits
Posted by: quickhits
- casapazzo reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- thetimeforgutsandguil reblogged this from harrrymonster
- harrrymonster reblogged this from seriiously
- seriiously reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- onionhighonionandrenown likes this
- letinout likes this
- bitterseafigtree reblogged this from skyliting
- shickalenia reblogged this from fritokal
- fritokal reblogged this from skyliting
- skyliting reblogged this from dreadful-record-of-sin
- daemonica likes this
- isyris reblogged this from felixity
- dreadful-record-of-sin reblogged this from felixity
- felixity reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- felixity likes this
- aycedanger likes this
- dendroica likes this
- iloveeverythingwaytoomuch reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- goodnessandtruth reblogged this from devilsplayground3188
- idrankalltheryncol likes this
- docshoe likes this
- marjchaos likes this
- therodentqueen likes this
- jenniferatthedrivein reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- lifeflowsbetterwithfreedom reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- poptartsinthetardis reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- blackfireuponus reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- devilsplayground3188 reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- santhonythomas likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from other-stuff
- butchrosser likes this
- swingsingplay likes this
- missgingerlee likes this
- loveisthemovementofknowledge likes this
- jipc likes this
- skyghe reblogged this from proletarianinstinct
- horuscoded likes this
- nosaucepartdeux reblogged this from untoldhistory
- proletarianinstinct reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- nothatsstupid reblogged this from peaceshine3
- peaceshine3 reblogged this from smallrevolutionary
- peaceshine3 likes this
- smallrevolutionary reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- trotskitty reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- 2noame likes this
- angelic-hipster-mermaid-slut69 reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president reblogged this from silas216
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president likes this
- cmacdraw reblogged this from silas216 and added:
- silas216 reblogged this from quickhits